Debt and Legal Advisor
Job Description Summary:
Reporting to the Debt and Legal Manager, this position involves communication with customers via Inbound calls, Outbound calls and emails for the purpose of discussing billing queries, payment arrangements, direct debit instructions, payment collections and payment plan agreement.
Essential Functions & Core Responsibilities:
- Using a mixture of phone based, email and written communications support customers in resolving outstanding arrears and to avoid future potential electricity/gas meter disconnections where possible.
- Use of non-scripted communication to meet and exceed Key Performance Indicators (‘KPIs’) such as payment collections, direct debit management and to carry out duties in a manner which meets the business’ quality measures.
- Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner and always strive for customer excellence to enhance the customer journey and experience without compromising on targeted results
- Clarify customer requirements; probe for understanding, use tools and resources to appropriately provide resolution to the customer
- Accurate account management
- Negotiate payment of customer arrears and, where appropriate offering payment terms/solutions in line with business requirements.
- Resolve complex queries and complaints in line with the business’ Complaints Handling Procedure
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to handle card payments compliantly and offering customer confidence through the process
- Management of the end-to-end process of meter disconnection with a prior focus on resolution
- Dependable with high attention to detail
- Liaise with third parties to promote effective performance such as MOPs and/or DCAs
- Work in collaboration with other departments and stakeholders to facilitate informed decisions which supports customers and commercial objectives
- Energy Industry experience; specifically supply of gas and electricity
- Excellent teamwork, organisation and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task including the ability to be flexible and adapt to changes quickly
- Strong computer navigation skills, PC Knowledge and MS Excel
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £17,000 - £20,000 / year
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]