My account is in credit. Can I have a refund?

Before you request a refund, it is important that you consider how this may affect your future payments. As you pay by fixed Direct Debit, your annual usage is averaged into 12 monthly payments. During the Summer months your account is expected to be in credit which will be used up through the Winter months when your usage is higher. If you request a refund during the Summer months and there is not enough credit to cover your Winter usage, your Direct Debit payments may need to be increased.

In order to process a refund on your account, you will need to:

  • Provide an up to date meter reading through your My HUB account allowing your account to be billed up to date
  • Leave a minimum of one months Direct Debit value in credit on your account
  • Have an active Direct Debit
  • Submit a refund request through our webform

Your refund will be paid back to the account that your payments are collected from.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Get in touch with us

While we are all affected by issues related to the Coronavirus, we would really appreciate it if customers can use our online services wherever possible before contacting us by phone. So, if you're getting in touch to provide a meter reading, request a bill or make a payment, please do so by logging into you My HUB account.

This is so we are able to support customers who are experiencing emergencies and so we can keep our phone-lines clear for our more vulnerable customers.

Get in touch with us at any time of the day by filling in our contact form. Simply provide us with the details of your question and we’ll get back to you with a response as soon as possible.

Prefer to speak to someone on the phone?

0800 830 3670

Home Energy

  • Monday
    9am - 5pm
  • Tuesday
    9am - 5pm
  • Wednesday
    9am - 5pm
  • Thursday
    9am - 5pm
  • Friday
    9am - 3pm
  • Saturday
  • Sunday

Our lines are closed on weekends and Public Holidays. If you want to get in touch when our lines are closed, please use our contact form.